How to setup Adobe DreamWeaver for ES2015/ES6
Adobe Dreamweaver is not set up to handle ES2015 as a standard which means that it will throw you an error when you use a keyword or syntax introduced by ES2015, e.g. when you use the keyword const or let.
This guide will help you "correct" that.
- Open up Adobe DreamWeaver
- Click on Site in the top panel and then click on Manage Sites...
- If you don't see your site in the list, click on the New Site button. Type in a name for your site, and then browse the computer to find your site folder. Once you have filled in the two, click the Save button.
- If you see your site in the list, select it by clicking on it, and then choose the edit icon (the pencil).
- In the Site Setup panel, click on Advanced Settings and then choose JS Lint.
- Click on the Edit configuration settings. This will open up the configuration file (.eslintrc.js)
- Inside the curly brackets of "parserOptions", add a new line and type in "esversion": 6,
- Save the file - and voilà! You're done!